BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi SAS Users,

I do not know why my code in SAS EG is up to 1GB, it is really  unfamiliar to me. Can you please explain why it can happen and how to reduce the size of it if available?

My97_0-1612258991561.png

Many thanks!

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Dataset disappear, tables written by proc print, report and/or tabulate are stored in the project file.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

Do you have any output results in the project (with proc print, or any similar procedure generating output data)?

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @yabwon 

Yes I do have some code in this project having some proc print and the like.

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

Are those outputs "big"?

B.

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.

SAS Documentation

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @yabwon 

I am not sure about that, how can we test if it is big or not?

Many thanks!

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

Do you print out datasets which have several thousands of observations and plenty of variables?

B.

SAS Documentation

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11
Yes, you are totally right!

Many thanks!
Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

But I think does it matter?

Because from my understanding, when I close the program and reopen the code again, the results automatically disappear?

Many thanks!

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Dataset disappear, tables written by proc print, report and/or tabulate are stored in the project file.

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @andreas_lds !

Thank you for your explanation, is there any solution for this problem?

Many thanks!

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

EG -> tools -> options -> results general

and see if the "automatically add output data to the project tree" is on?

SAS Documentation

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @yabwon 

I can't see what you ask but it is the result general box

My97_0-1612267539741.png

Many thanks!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation