BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KachiM
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Jim,

Thanks for referring to Carpenter's paper.

I tried his program using SAS University Edition. The final lookup brought missing values for HEIGHT, WEIGHT, AGE for name = 'Barbara98765'

Anybody tried the program on SUE?

DATASP

Edited:

There are two versions of %callgetstats. The second version works perfectly in SUE.

DATASP

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Interesting @KachiM.  I haven't had a chance to play with the revised program yet (the trip home from the conference proved to be something of a lengthy pain-in-the-hindquarters).  I have both 9.4 M5 (Univ. Ed.) and 9.4 M4 (UNIX) available to me, so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference.  I know when Univ. Ed. was 9.4 M4 and I was running 9.4 M3 at work, things like DOSUBL responded in *wildly* divergent ways.  I suspect that M4 and M5 are much closer on such things, but it will be interesting to see if your missing values are a Univ. Ed. issue or something along those lines.

Jim

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation