BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Davidsas111
Calcite | Level 5

Goodmorning,

I'm new in this forum, nice to meet you.

I have a dataset with three observation, market, date and total_amount.

I have to transpose this information with data integration, but when I do this procedure the name of the columns are the number of the dates and not the name that I choose with the format, how can I change it?

Every day this job has to run with new data and new dates, how can I create a table on data integration with no fixed columns (In this way I can load a new table every day with different variables)?

Thank you so much!

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you have a scenario where your data model changes frequently, it's not a good fit for data integration.

What is the use for this output? If it's to be consumed directly by end users or exported to a file, it can be managed.

But it will be used as input to other transformations/jobs and stored permanently I think you need to redesign.

Data never sleeps
Davidsas111
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I need to develop a table for a report in visual analytics.

The output table must have as variable the market id and the days of the month that are not fixed but every day are reloaded with the last 32 days from todays date. 

How can I create a table in DI that can change variable? In sas is easier to develop this solution than DI, but I need to use DI.

What do you think?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

My undertanding is that VA is quite a flexible tool.

My belief is that data should be sroed in aflexible way so that you can create a variaty of reports.

Having columns fixed by date isn't flexible.

So, without knowing the exact report lay-out, I suggest that you'll have a date columns instead, and have the report do the transposing/pivoting.

Data never sleeps
Davidsas111
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much!

I can import the table with my datas and then transpose on VA.

How can I make a transposition on sas VA? 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Cross tabulation etc is standard lay outs in reporting.

Don't you have a VA reporting person to help you here?

Otherwise check documentation, guides, potentially attend to training opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sas+visual+analytics+tutorial+

https://support.sas.com/edu/elearning.html?productType=library&ctry=se#

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation