BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abdulla
Pyrite | Level 9

Capture.PNG

The dependent variable is investment. So, Lead_Dir affects investment differently when FRQ is low and high.
It has control variables, industry FE and Year FE and they cluster the SE at Firm level.
What I am looking for is to calculate coef. comp, p-value.

Would anyone please help me? 

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Is this a SAS question? What SAS PROC produced these results?

--
Paige Miller
abdulla
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi PaigeMiller,
This is from a published paper. I do not know what proc the author used. What I can see here is that there are two regressions for two groups and then the author compared the coefficient IV. Running regression is not a problem but I don't know how the author tested the difference between two coefficient and found the p-value of the difference
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I don't know how the author did it either.

Can you describe the experiment/data collection and analysis done? What is IV?

--
Paige Miller
abdulla
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi PaigeMiller,
The IV is Lead_Dir and the dependent variable is Investment. It has control variables, industry FE and Year FE and they cluster the SE at Firm level. The author runs OLS.
The author divided the sample into two based on FRQ. So, it is the same OLS. The only difference is the FRQ high and Low group. After running OLS, the author compared the two coefficient difference of IV (Lead_Dir) and calculated p-value of the differene.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Typically, comparing slopes or coefficients from two groups is done via putting an interaction into the model, and seeing if the interaction is statistically significant.

So, for OLS, it might look something like this:

proc glm data=have;
     class frq;
     model investment = frq lead_dir frq * lead_dir;
run; quit;

The interaction between frq and lead_dir is what you want to look at. If it is statistically significant, then the coefficient of lead_dir changes due to frq. This doesn't completely match the example you showed, but its the best I can do since I don't have the original paper.

--
Paige Miller
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

What does the Methods section of the article say about statistical analysis methods?

PG
abdulla
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi PGStats,
Could you please check the previous explanation?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation