BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
edasdfasdfasdfa
Quartz | Level 8

I guess this would depend on which industry they worked in but what would the main day-to-day jobs/roles require.

It doesn't seem like a data analyst type role but more of a statistical programmer?

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my experience most SAS roles are multi-disciplinary. In any one day I do any or all of these:

• SAS architect
  • SAS administrator
  • Data analyst
  • SAS programmer
  • Systems analyst
  • SAS tester
  • System documenter
ballardw
Super User

I will add to @SASKiwi 

Data Assurance / Quality processing

Survey Design (and analysis)

edasdfasdfasdfa
Quartz | Level 8

Well this seems a bit extreme. 

I hope you get compensated fairly for having to do all of these different tasks.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I call myself a "data engineer" (as opposed to data scientist).

I'm the one who enables the data scientists to do their job; I keep the data warehouse server running, does the administration, and maintains all the ETL jobs that get the data into the DWH.

This also means that my coding skills extend well beyond SAS. Perl, C, shell scripting (bash/ksh) play a major role.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@edasdfasdfasdfa wrote:

I guess this would depend on which industry they worked in but what would the main day-to-day jobs/roles require.

It doesn't seem like a data analyst type role but more of a statistical programmer?

I consider myself a statistician, who programs in SAS. A large part of what I do is data analysis and traditional statistics forms a part of that.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation