BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Hello Experts,

I would like to run my SAS program every day at 3 pm. I'm scheduling the task with Windows, but it doesn't seem to be working. Do you have any suggestions, please ? How to indicate the path correctly in windows environment ?

Thank you !

SASdevAnneMarie_0-1724530327320.png

8 REPLIES 8
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You can't tell us "it doesn't work" and provide no other information.

What did you try? SHOW US

What happened? SHOW US or explain in detail

What is wrong with what happened?

--
Paige Miller
Quentin
Super User

You have SAS installed on the Windows machine?

Using Windows scheduler, I use "Create Task"

Then for action I select "Start a program"

The program points to the sas executable, e.g.:

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe"

And then I add the path to my .sas file as an option 

-sysin "C:\MyDir\MyProgram.sas"

One the main task page, there are options for storing credentials, etc you might have to play with.

But as Paige said, please explain what you have tried, even showing screen shots of the task you have tried could hlep.  And then show what happens when you try to run the task manually.  It may show helpful error messages if the Windows scheduler can't start the job.

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out recordings of our past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Save the date for our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18 in Cambridge, MA. Registration opens in September.
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Bonjour,

Je pense que je me trompe quand je déclare le chemin vers mon projet egp et le planificateur ne fait aucune action, alors que le programme se lance manuellement :

SASdevAnneMarie_0-1724581150537.png

Au lieu de \\XXX\XXX\XXX\Producti - V3.egp je dois indiquer « C :\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe » ?

Et sur une autre ligne « Ajouter des arguments (facultatif) : » -sysin « C :\MonRép\MonProgramme.sas » ?

Merci !

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In a client/server environment, I STRONGLY recommend to use server-side scheduling with SAS program files (.sas), not client-side with EG projects.

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Thank you Kurt!

You mean that I must to do this while scheduling :

SASdevAnneMarie_0-1724592981503.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is this Windows SAS on a PC  or Windows on a SAS Server? If this is a SAS server then SAS provides scheduling capabilities via SAS Management Console.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation