BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
she1970
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I took this exam and spent half of the time to access the data by assigning a libname and the path, however I couldn't. I am not sure what was the problem. My code was like this. 

libname  In "C:\.....";

Also I did not see any note in the log. I used the traditional SAS environment during the exam.

I have rescheduled my exam and I tried to figure out what was the problem. Would you please help me.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I just took the test two weeks ago.
At that time, I had no problem with this libname statement.
I also used traditional SAS, not EG or SAS Studio.

It is strange that nothing appears in the log.
In the test, you are supposed to be logged into a virtual environment, so the key assignments were different and sometimes did not work properly.
For example, the code was not submitted when I pushed the F3 key.

If you don't see anything in the log, it means that the code may not have been submitted, so unfortunately, the only advice I can give you is to press the submit button and try to run it.

I wish you the best of luck.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Perhaps libname statement was needed is this.

libname cert 'c:\folder\subfolder';

You may want to take a practice exam first by visiting the following.
https://vle.sas.com/course/view.php?id=436 

she1970
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried this code as well however it did not work. I have already took the practice test. Thank you for your quick response. Hopefully the next time is working. 

japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

What do you mean it didn't work?

Can you be more specific?
What are the logs in SAS?
Has a library been assigned, does the library have a dataset, can you open the dataset?

she1970
Fluorite | Level 6

No, the library did not assign and there was not any message in the log. I skipped all the question until the fixing error question. That question used the SAS enterprise and I used the same code. I saw a message that library assigned but still I was not able to assign the library on the traditional SAS. I am not familiar with SAS enterprise or SAS studio that much and I prefer to use SAS traditional page. 

japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I just took the test two weeks ago.
At that time, I had no problem with this libname statement.
I also used traditional SAS, not EG or SAS Studio.

It is strange that nothing appears in the log.
In the test, you are supposed to be logged into a virtual environment, so the key assignments were different and sometimes did not work properly.
For example, the code was not submitted when I pushed the F3 key.

If you don't see anything in the log, it means that the code may not have been submitted, so unfortunately, the only advice I can give you is to press the submit button and try to run it.

I wish you the best of luck.

she1970
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you so much! I appreciate.

bsd70
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello,

I was in the A00-231 SAS Exam today. Likewise, I had spent the hour to access the data by assigning a libname and the path, however I could not go further. Finally, I had to tell issue to the proctor and proctor gave me case number and said that wait 4-5 day to reconcile the issue. Is there any documentation to follow access or assign the library? Looking forward the reply from SAS expert/technician.

Thanks,

prasawant223
Calcite | Level 5

hi there, 

had same issue like yours in my first attempt ,

did u find any solution or answer to that ,

if u got the solution then plz reply soon . 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation