BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PegasusTT77
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello 😅

I have a special problem to solve.

Currently I try one way but need help but let me explain.

I have a program which includes a lot of others, saves my *.log and *.lst to my server to check for keywords. The program runs without errors or warnings BUT when I compare old data with new I recognized that there are datasets missing... Neither the VPN connection, nor the ping check, even my SAS log did not give an error but when I check the log, the program stopped without any information why and did not complete.  So every time I have to check the compare manually.

Today I got an error while a viewtable was opened and I thought ... Ok, many of my issues starts there... Screenshot 2023-12-11 113057.jpg

It would be great if I can open a viewtable automatically at the beginning of my runALL.sas program.

I found only half of the solution because that code runs only with the regular submit.

dm "vt libname.filename" ; 

Source: https://www.lexjansen.com/wuss/2011/posters/Papers_Agarwal_M_74994.PDF 

Regular submit means, when I just use the single "running man" but I have two "running men" which means (see screenshot) :Screenshot 2023-12-11 115637.jpg

Does anyone have an idea to either solve my way or can provide a solution to check for connection time outs?

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

You should be able to EDIT (customize) that command to insert the viewtable command.

I see a potential problem with your desired action though. If you open a table in viewtable then it may get treated as "in use by you in another process" for code that you run.

I never bother to edit the menu though. I would suggest that you investigate creating a KEYS (window should open with F9 by default) and edit/create a key command to combine the VT and other window commands with a key stroke instead of clicking on the menu.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation