BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yiang
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

at the moment, i collect data using an online survey form. 

I want to score the data collected. My scoring algo are all written in a set of scripts in .SAS format.

At the moment, scoring is done offline after i download the data from the online survey form.

If i want to retain the SAS scripts, does anyone have any suggestion how i can achieve realtime scoring ?

I do not know is there any SAS webform that we can submit by a click of a button which will trigger the SAS scripts in a cloud server and then output the scores back to the webform. 

One of my colleague was sharing with me that it can be done by converting everything to R Shiny (hence algo to be reengineered into R too). However, R involves alot of packages which i have some reservation using it. 

I wish to seek some ideas if i can remain on a SAS platform as my scripts are well validated.  thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
You'll have to provide details on the SAS Platform you have access to. Is it SAS9.4, SAS9.4 Enterprise Intelligence or a SAS Viya based infrastructure. You'll also have to explain how the survey is made available for the participants. A webform, mobile app, Google doc/form, or ...?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
You'll have to provide details on the SAS Platform you have access to. Is it SAS9.4, SAS9.4 Enterprise Intelligence or a SAS Viya based infrastructure. You'll also have to explain how the survey is made available for the participants. A webform, mobile app, Google doc/form, or ...?
Yiang
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

at the moment, i only have SAS 9.4. nothing else. 

I am using Qualtric via Web browser as the data collection tool. It can work on mobile phone browser though i refrain running it using the native phone app (because the interface is just not suitable for the kind of scales i am collecting).

However, i am open to subscribing to new SAS services such as Viya or some SAS products etc as long as i

have a single platform where data collected via eg SAS webform (if there is such product) and the scoring scripts can also be run at the same time to return an output onto the screen in realtime. Thank you

I do not know does SAS have such end to end solution for such a scenario.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation