BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
melhaf
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 
A question, while running my code (that will eventually print excelfile(s) ))  and I'm working on another excelfile, just a random one and then my code enter data in my excelfile from that code, that makes no sense at all. For security reason I blur words out but you get the point? The file didn't have the name XXXX_2_1 and all the numbers you see here in the matrix and from row 378 and below comes from the code SOMEHOW? And when it's continue to run

2.JPG

1.PNG

it changes again!!  all the numbers and the text including the name of the file. What sorcery is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Some possibilities come to mind:

You have some how enabled an ODBC link in Excel that is looking for data from SAS

Office extension to SAS

VB code in your Excel that is finding an extraneous data source

If you aren't willing to share any actual examples then I suggest that you contact SAS tech support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Show us your SAS code.

--
Paige Miller
melhaf
Fluorite | Level 6
I know that question would pop up, but unfortunally I can't share it. But in general, how is this possible? What could be the problem? Never ever have I seen this before. Is this a common thing?
ballardw
Super User

Some possibilities come to mind:

You have some how enabled an ODBC link in Excel that is looking for data from SAS

Office extension to SAS

VB code in your Excel that is finding an extraneous data source

If you aren't willing to share any actual examples then I suggest that you contact SAS tech support.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation