BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GokulK
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone,

I need your help with the SAS codes. I need to use a Heckman selection model to correct for endogeneity. In the first stage of my Heckman model, the dependent variable is CEO expertise. Since there are three categories of CEO expertise in my context, the dependent variable (CEO_Expert) takes value either 0,1, or 2 (0 if the CEO is an accounting expert; 1 if a finance expert; and 2 if a sales expert). I don’t know how to obtain inverse mills ratio when the dependent variable is ternary. In the past instances when my dependent variable was a 1/0 dummy, I used proc qlim to obtain inverse mills ratio.

PROC QLIM data = First_Stage;

model Y1 = X1 X2 / DISCRETE;

OUTPUT out=Have mills;   

RUN;

I have seen only examples of using inverse Mills ratio involving binary probit selection equation. I would really appreciate it if someone shared the code to obtain inverse mills ratio when the dependent variable is not binary.

Thanks,

Gokul

2 REPLIES 2
GokulK
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Ksharp. I will post my question at Forecasting Forum.

Best,

Gokul

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation