BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anurak
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to generate boxplot using proc sgrender. Please see the below graph I generated. Since there are outliers in my data, I have to display in the graph as well. but there is too much space between 5000 and 15000. My question is how can i shrink the space between 5000 and 15000? I would like to display 5000 close to 15000.

here is the option I gave in Yaxis. 

yaxisopts=( label="xxx" type=linear linearopts=(tickvaluelist=(0 5000 15000)));

anurak_0-1618851015342.png

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

First thing, you should provide the entire template. Options like Layout Overlay affect how, or if, yaxisopts and xaxisopts are applied.

Also you may need to decide that if the values that extreme whether the display should include them or not.

Reeza
Super User
Typically, you can change the scale to be a different one (linear versus logarithmic) or you can use a broken axis trick.
https://blogs.sas.com/content/graphicallyspeaking/2015/09/02/broken-axis-redux/
anurak
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Reeza. I tried broken axis and it worked. Is there any way to hide the break?

anurak_0-1618938784440.png

Reeza
Super User
That's not a good idea at all. The break makes it very clear to a reader that the axis has changed so that they can accurately interpret it. Otherwise, how will you indicate that the axis has changed units of measure?
Ksharp
Super User
Or you could try TYPE=LOG of YAXIS statement option.
Ksharp
Super User
using RANGE= option of YAXIS statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation