BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ReidarDMidtun
Fluorite | Level 6

I have developed a .NET app using the ADODB.dll and the SAS.dll, SASIOMCommon.dll and SASObjectManager.dll. After building the app, I have copied the exe file and all the referenced dll's to a shared drive. From my computer I can run the app on the shared drive, but other users on other computers can not run it, they get this error message:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {868CEB5F-4D78-43FC-96B4-F5B6C0341151} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

It probably works for me who developed it, because I have installed the SAS Integration Technologies on my computer. So, my question is, how do I deploy an app that is build using the .NET dll's? Do I need a way to register types on the client computers?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Those running the app will need to also install the SAS Int Tech client. You can download/install from support.sas.com. Start here for the download.

It's more than just registering the types. The software that enables the communication between your client app and SAS sessions is part of this software package. Think of it like a data/service connector.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
ReidarDMidtun
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

The problem was solved by making the clients installing the "SAS Providers for OLE DB".

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation