BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SeaMoon_168
Obsidian | Level 7

I aim to create a mean cumulative functions figure shown below. Now, I can create a CIF figure. Could anyone help me figure out how to create it? Many thanks!

SeaMoon_168_0-1723724770244.png

8 REPLIES 8
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please show us a portion of the SAS data set involved. Please follow these examples and instructions to provide a SAS data set in a form we can use.

--
Paige Miller
SeaMoon_168
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I have no clue what kind of data required to create this figure. As I mentioned, I only know how to create the Cumulative Incidence Function (CIF) figures. The raw data are regular survival data including event (0, 1), treatment groups, and follow-up time. 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Is not the plot based upon the CIF figures?

--
Paige Miller
SeaMoon_168
Obsidian | Level 7

I guess so though I am not 100% sure. The Y-axis of the CIF plot is generally 0.0 - 1.0 as the marginal probability. However, Y-axis of this plot is 0-100 as events per 100 patients. I am not sure if multipling the CIF marginal probability (0-1) could be the Y (0-100) of this figure? That confused me.

Quentin
Super User

Are you asking how to create the graph, or are you asking how to interpret the graph, or are you asking how to calculate the statistics that would be needed to create a graph like that?  What data are you starting with?

Is this a homework problem for a class, or a work problem where you've been asked to generate a graph that you don't fully understand?  Either way, I would refer to the instructions that came with the request, or talk through your understanding of the graph with the requestor.

The Boston Area SAS Users Group (BASUG) is hosting our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18!
This full-day event in Cambridge, Mass features four presenters from SAS, presenting on a range of SAS 9 programming topics. Pre-registration by Oct 15 is required.
Full details and registration info at https://www.basug.org/events.
Quentin
Super User

@SeaMoon_168 wrote:

I guess so though I am not 100% sure. The Y-axis of the CIF plot is generally 0.0 - 1.0 as the marginal probability. However, Y-axis of this plot is 0-100 as events per 100 patients. I am not sure if multipling the CIF marginal probability (0-1) could be the Y (0-100) of this figure? That confused me.

That sounds likely.  You're used to graphs that display the probability as a proportion (0.0-1.0) but this graph shows the probability as a percentage (0-100).  Should be fine either way.  Sometimes for rare events, rates will be displayed as number of patients per 1000, or 100,000,  or whatever the author thinks is convenient.

The Boston Area SAS Users Group (BASUG) is hosting our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18!
This full-day event in Cambridge, Mass features four presenters from SAS, presenting on a range of SAS 9 programming topics. Pre-registration by Oct 15 is required.
Full details and registration info at https://www.basug.org/events.
SeaMoon_168
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I am not sure if the figure listed in my original post is equivalent to the CIF figure. I saw this kind of figures per 100 patients listed in a couple of journal papers. So it could be popular. if no, how to create this kind of figure in SAS?

Reeza
Super User
Looks like a failure plot (opposite of survival plot) with the HR added in. This would definitely be a custom graphic created in SAS but could be done.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation