BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Saravanan
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried saving a simple file and it did not work either Smiley Sad

robby_beum
Quartz | Level 8

You might need to give the actual drive designation instead of the drive letter...for example, something like:

\\sas-2003\computer\tmstua\Data\Original\2010\Decrypted\MDS_Qtr\201204(Apr)\2011Q1

Saravanan
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried giving actual drive destination and it did not work either.

Saravanan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Robby,

It finally worked. This is the pathname i gave to make it work. Thanks a lot for the input Robby.

\\sas-2003\tmstua\Data\Original\2010\Decrypted\MDS_Qtr\201204(Apr)\2011Q1

Thanks everyone who tried to help me out. Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Saravanan

robby_beum
Quartz | Level 8

YEA!!!

jayredwine
Calcite | Level 5

Robby: having same issue on a standalone pc. any ideas?

SAS2GO
Calcite | Level 5

On stand alone pc, renamed the file name from sql_file_name_test_.xlsx which caused the ERROR to test_sql.xlsx and the test_sql.xlsx file opened ok.  Both files are in the same location as other files that have been opened with SAS.  Sometimes a simple file name change will fix the ERROR.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You may want to start a new post, the one you have replied to is 3 years old.  Describe your problem with your setup, version etc.

bentleyj1
Quartz | Level 8

Is this a UNIX server that SAS is running on?  If so, you've got a special setup that allows it to read from what I presume is a Windows-based LAN and your Q: drive isn't mapped to the server.  Our Unix server can't access file on our LAN.

Saravanan
Fluorite | Level 6

No we have windows server where SAS is running on.!

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

My guess is that the Q: drive on your server is not mapped the way it is on your workstation and you are going to have to work with your local network support to solve this.

Kathryn_SAS
SAS Employee

This error message can result from many situations.  While @robby_beum ultimately solved the problem for this specific situation, @ballardw also mentioned one of the most common causes.  To close this issue, I will summarize below some likely causes of getting

ERROR: Physical file does not exist.

• Any part of the path or filename is misspelled
  • The directory or subdirectory does not exist
  • The drive may not be mapped to the correct location
  • Permission issues
  • Server issues
  • Special characters or spaces are used in the directory or filename where they are not supported

floradoc
Fluorite | Level 6
No matter what I do SAS Studio keeps coming back with a virtual path that I cannot find! ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/MyInfile.txt.
Kathryn_SAS
SAS Employee
These are general guidelines. Since your issue is more specific, I would suggest opening a tracking entry with Technical Support (http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm) and include your log and details about your environment.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 in conversation