BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gajaramireddy
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

Our Company's email host has changed and I am not sure where to change it so that the SAS user's can send the attachments(reports) to the email group. Currently it is throwing error when we do the "ERROR: Email host ***** not found."

Can you please tell me where do I have to change it? In the configuration file? on which server (Web or App or Meta)?

Thank you,
Ram
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This is something that you need to ask your SAS Administrator about. There are options that need to be part of the instructions when SAS first starts up. Typically, only an administrator will have the permissions to change these configuration options.
Cynthia
gajaramireddy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I recently started taking admin responsibilities. I do have permissions. But I am stuck on where to change. My guess was that the email host got changed and I do not think it is necessarily a SAS issue (SMTP issue).

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The EMAILHOST option is what needs to change: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lesysoptsref&docsetTarget=p1v9dr6zep9p9en1prhl6tdy3igx.htm&d...

As documented it can be specified in several different places, but can be easily tested just in an OPTIONS statement. If you want to change it in a SAS server installation then adding it the SAS App server USERMODS CONFIG file is a good option. However you would need to investigate where it is currently specified first.

gajaramireddy
Calcite | Level 5

I did test all the combinations in my options statement, It is now giving me "WARNING: Email: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay". "WARNING: Bad e-mail address:". "WARNING: No email addresses specified.". I have asked my outlook admin team to take a look.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @Ram,

If yo have the permissions to change, you can check the steps here:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n1gx07b9f1fq8dn1l5shohw31cyl.htm&docse...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation