BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Satish_Parida
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Experts,

We are using the following to call my SAS Program.

SET F=\\PROG\V04
call sasgsublog_EDC "%F%\BB_Quicklist_Report.sas"

I know we can control the Log and the Listing path using Proc Printto.

Can we use -PRINT or any other option in call command in the cmd batch file to control the LOG and LST file location. I tried using -PRINT, it did not work.

Kindly suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

You don't have to make any changes to your configuration. I don't have a GRID environment at the moment but I can show you what I did to batch submit for a workspace session job.

cp /sasconfig/Lev1/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/logconfig.trace.xml ~

cd ~

vi logconfig.trace.xml and change the log location to home directory as below:

Anand_V_0-1591365385653.png

submit the job and pass the edited log-config location a log is generated at home directory.

Anand_V_1-1591365528619.png

so this is like a personal configuration file for your jobs that you can modify.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Are you talking about the log of the program? Then you can pass the -LOGCONFIGLOC logging-option-file with custom changes related to your job.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=gridref&docsetTarget=p05eo0im8mix5qn1bz77trdvzd2s.htm&doc...
Satish_Parida
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for your response.

We get a log file in the control location (most of the time where the .SAS file is placed) when a SAS program is run using windows batch or shell batch. 

Can we have any options to print log and the listings in a user specified location without changing anything on SAS code or the SAS application configuration.

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15
Hi,
Adding a `proc printto` in autoexec.sas is not an optin I guess?
Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

You don't have to make any changes to your configuration. I don't have a GRID environment at the moment but I can show you what I did to batch submit for a workspace session job.

cp /sasconfig/Lev1/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/logconfig.trace.xml ~

cd ~

vi logconfig.trace.xml and change the log location to home directory as below:

Anand_V_0-1591365385653.png

submit the job and pass the edited log-config location a log is generated at home directory.

Anand_V_1-1591365528619.png

so this is like a personal configuration file for your jobs that you can modify.

Hope this helps!

Satish_Parida
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Can you add a full config file, for reference of the other users. Thank you very much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation