BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sunilreddy
Fluorite | Level 6

when i am copying the records from view to table, its taking around 12 mins for 70K records, but when i am copying from view to view its taking less than a min

by using simple select statement.

I am using simple proc print statement for view and table. view is taking lot of more time than table.

is there any way to reduce the time to print with view

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Trying to optimize code without an example of what the code is doing is extremely difficult. So an example of code would be helpful. Also are the views/ tables/ datasets SAS or accessing an external database?

In general a view has to excecute the equivalent of the code each time. If the source data is large or lots of complex code involved performance takes a hit. View to view is basically just constructing the instructions, not actually moving any data. The instructions execute when the view is used, such as in Proc print.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thus is working as intended.  Copying a view to a view just copies the associated commands; no data are moved.  That's why there is such a time difference.  RTFM.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation