BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASguyCO
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all-

Not sure if this is the right place to post this as I don't see a forum for OLAP studio but my question is pretty simple, if this is the incorrect place can a moderator please move to the correct location?

When you have a cube open and you drag your dimensions over to the rows, how do you set it up so that a new dimension does not automatically become part of the drill down for the previously selected dimension?  You can do this via Cognos, but not sure how to do this in SAS OLAP.

For example I have the dimension called say "measure 1" and it has five buckets as follows.  My column is an arbitrary selection called "count"

Count

grp1

grp2

grp3

grp4

grp5

Then say I want to add a dimension called "city" with 2 cities to the current layout, but by default, SAS OLAP adds it as a drill down as such:

Count

grp1    city1

city2

grp2    city1

city2

grp3   .......

and so forth.

What I want to do is add it as a new set of rows as such:

Count

grp1

grp2

grp3

grp4

grp5

city1

city2

How do you go about doing this in Cube studio?

1 REPLY 1
Community_Help
SAS Employee

Doing some cleanup and noticed this wasn't answered ... replying to your message will "bump" it into the streams again - we'll see if it gets some traction. Hopefully, you have already found a solution, though Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation