BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cliffy19
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to run a shared frailty model using PROC PHREG in SAS 9.3 but the CLASS and RANDOM statements didn't work (shown as red in the code lines). What's the problem with this? Did I do something wrong when installing 9.3? I uninstalled 9.2 before installing 9.3. I greatly appreciate it if somebody can help. I need the model results as soon as possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Not sure what you mean by "shown as red in the code lines".  If you mean that they syntax highlighter did not recognized the commands that might not be an indication that the code will not work, just that the editor doesn't understand it.

Did you submit the code?  Did it generate any error messages in the LOG?

cliffy19
Calcite | Level 5

It's actually quite bizarre - the editor can't recognize the commands (shown as red) but the code executes anyways. The messages in the log apparently indicate successful execution, although I have to figure out whether it is possible to increase the number of iteration (the default maximum is 25 which means the grouping variable can't have many levels). Tom, are you able to recommend some good readings about the PROC PHREG? The SAS documentation seems not covering complicated datasets and options. Thanks.   

ballardw
Super User

The editor keyword lists apparently don't quite keep up with the releases. If you run into a keyword that shows up as undefined you can add it to a list of user defined keywords to  eliminate the annoying red. With the enhanced editor window active go to Tools > Options > Enhanced Editor > General. There is a button on the lower left labeled "User Defined Keywords". Click on the button and use the Add button to add words to the user defined list. You may also want to go to the Appearance tab and change the settings for User defined keyword by selecting that in the "File Elements" list.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation