BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anjgupta
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I'm having to get familar with non-windows based SAS again. Not sure if this forum answers such questions - so excuse if this is off topic.

I'm finding the program editor difficult - and wish to customize it via the autoexec or config file.

Can I set the settings for:

"Automatically store selection" concerning the buffer
and
"Clear Text on Submit" to turn that off?

in a way that need not be reset each time. Any other resources for commonly set preferences would be most helpful.

I think I used to use Pico or VI - but wish to use the features of the 'default'
SAS program - the convenient graphical aspects.
2 REPLIES 2
Natural
Fluorite | Level 6

For the love of Dr. Goodnight - someone answer this question.  I also need to know!

Roger

BTW,  There are other OS besides MS Windows....

ballardw
Super User

I don't have a Unix box to test this but the KEYS window may help the second part of this question. If there is enough commonality F9 should open the KEYS window from the program editor. Look for an entry that has SUBMIT. add ";program;recall;" or possibly pgm or wpgm instead of program to the end of the line. Use the function key indicated, probably F8, to submit programs. That should recall the text of the submitted program. If there is a 'clear' on the submit line delete it.

One usefule KEYS string I use is:

odsresults;select all;clear;log;clear;output;clear;wpgm;

This removes all the text from the output and log windows and the tree of results from the explorer returning to the editor(enhanced in windoze)

another is

vt _last_ openmode=edit;

which opens the last created dataset and allows sorting or editing.

I

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation