BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mei
Calcite | Level 5 mei
Calcite | Level 5

I have file analyst.main that list  down the recommendations given by financial analyst during each year, thus there would be several recommendation (var=numrec) thru out the whole year given by date variable statpers. However I only need to select the recommendation that is given towards the end of the financial year. The enddate of the financial year is given by variable enddate, or we should select the final observation for each financial year.

for example for gvkey 001004 (first company), the fyear is 2000, thus the observation to be selected should be the 5th observation, as that is the last one in fy2000. The numrec=6.

So how do i output one dataset with each company with just one observation for each fyear?

Thanks, with data attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith
Obsidian | Level 7

Looking at the data, you're right in thinking that you just need to output the last observation per gvkey and enddate group.

data want;

set analyst.main;

by gvkey enddate;

if last.enddate;

run;

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith
Obsidian | Level 7

Looking at the data, you're right in thinking that you just need to output the last observation per gvkey and enddate group.

data want;

set analyst.main;

by gvkey enddate;

if last.enddate;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation