BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sinistrum
Quartz | Level 8

Dear community,

after getting really great help on my problem concerning utilizing iterative procedures to solve equations, now, I really would be great, if you could please help me once again.

This time, I am struggling with writing regression out to a data set.

In particular, I cannot figure out how to write heteroscedasticity-consistent standard errors to the output data set.

Assume I have a data set "regression_input" and I want to regress y on x, separated by the variable "year". Parameter estimates, standard errors, t-values and corresponding p-values (and various other statistics) are obtained in such a way:

proc reg data=regression_input outest=regression_output tableout noprint;
 	model y = x;
	by year;
run;

If I wanted to make use of  heteroscedasticity-consistent standard errors, I could let them be displayed by:

proc reg data=regression_input outest=regression_output tableout plots(only)=none;
 	model y = x / hcc;
	by year;
run;

But "tableout" will only write "standard" standard errors to my OUTEST-data set, the heteroscedasticity-consistent are only displayed in the result window.

My question is, how can I write the regression output as displayed in the "results" window, including my heteroscedasticity-consistent Standard errors, to my data set.

I would be glad, if someone could please help me.

Yours sincerely,

Sinistrum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

The generic approach to getting results window output into a dataset is ODS OUTPUT and identify the appropriate displayed table.

From the documentation for proc reg with the HCC model option I believe that the result table you want is ParameterEstimates.

So

proc reg data=regression_input outest=regression_output tableout plots(only)=none;
   model y = x / hcc;
   by year;
   ods output ParameterEstimates = MyParametersDataset;
run;

should put all of the estimates in the dataset MyParametersDataset.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Looks like a job for ODS TRACE.  Try this, and see what table contains the standard errors you want.  Then use ODS OUTPUT to get that table to a dataset.

ODS TRACE ON;
proc reg data=regression_input outest=regression_output plots(only)=none;
 	model y = x / hcc;
	by year;
run;
ODS TRACE OFF;

Steve Denham

ballardw
Super User

The generic approach to getting results window output into a dataset is ODS OUTPUT and identify the appropriate displayed table.

From the documentation for proc reg with the HCC model option I believe that the result table you want is ParameterEstimates.

So

model y = x / hcc;
   by year;
   ods output ParameterEstimates = MyParametersDataset;
run;

should put all of the estimates in the dataset MyParametersDataset.

Sinistrum
Quartz | Level 8

So, what shall I write?

It is really awesome, how much (and quick) help I received here so far.

What you both have written is exactly what I am looking for, thank you very moch, and I have learned something I am sure I will be capable of making use of - for generally being able to writing output from the "results window" into a data set obviously is an enormous gain.

So, I use the "ODS Trace" tool in general to "bracket" my somehow-results-creating statements, to get the necessary information, the name, displayed in the log window.

Then, I include the "ODS output" piece in the statement, the output of which I was interested in in the first place, quasi pointing towards the respective "Output" and in the following, I will receive the data set I was striving for.

That is, how I understood it.

So now I have got my nice standard errors to play around with.

I am afraid, this will not have been my last question, but once again, thank you very much indeed.

---

EDIT:

I clicked to accept ballards'w answer as a solution and now am not able to accept SteveDenham's answer as a solution, too.

But de facto, they both showed me the way to tackle my problem.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

That is OK as @ballardw's solution is much more complete than mine.

Steve Denham

Sinistrum
Quartz | Level 8

It is nice to read, that it is okay for you.

But, as I said, I appreciate both your contributions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation