BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello eveyone,

Due to my project, I use Proc Logistic frequently, however, when I execute the procedure, I always get the following Warning message and I want to prevent this.

1st-> What can be the reason for?

2nd-> How can I prevent my log?

WARNING: Some plots have more than 5000 observations and are suppressed. Specify the PLOTS(MAXPOINTS=NONE) option in the PROC
LOGISTIC statement to display the plots.
WARNING: The effect plots have more than 5000 observations; the observations are suppressed. Specify the PLOTS(MAXPOINTS=NONE)
option in the PROC LOGISTIC statement to display the observations.

I'd like to state that I work with millions data.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can combine the options:

proc logistic ... plots(only  maxpoints=none)=roc;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

What happens when tried the suggested options? 

WARNING: Some plots have more than 5000 observations and are suppressed. Specify the PLOTS(MAXPOINTS=NONE) option in the PROC LOGISTIC statement to display the plots.

turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @Reeza,

Normally, I wrote this statement as PLOTS(ONLY)=ROC but I'm not sure whether PLOTS(MAXPOINTS=NONE) has any affect the results.

Ods Graphics On;
Ods Output ResponseProfile=Res_&Suffix. Association=Roc_&Suffix. ParameterEstimates=Err_&Suffix.;
PROC LOGISTIC DATA=&Dataset. /*PLOTS(ONLY)=ROC*/ PLOTS(MAXPOINTS=NONE);
Ods Select ROCCurve ;
MODEL &Target. (Event = "1")=&P_Target./SELECTION=NONE LINK=LOGIT;
RUN;
QUIT;
Ods Output Close;
Ods Graphics Off;

After I wrote the statement then I get the following error, what about this how I can prevent this Warning message.

WARNING: Output 'ROCCurve' was not created.  Make sure that the output object name, label, or path is spelled correctly.  Also,

verify that the appropriate procedure options are used to produce the requested output object.  For example, verify that

the NOPRINT option is not used.

Thank you

Reeza
Super User

That's weird, your code doesn't show a request for that table which is where you'd see the error. 

You can probably specify both maxpoints and roccurve, I don't see any reason why they would be mutually exclusive. 

Edit: oh, you've placed it after your proc logistic. At any rate, still try specifying both. 

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can combine the options:

proc logistic ... plots(only  maxpoints=none)=roc;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation