BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vincetan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a model that has more than 10 random effects identified by bcoef1-bcoef20. Is there a compact way to write the random statement in PROC NLMIXED other than the usual way of:

"random bcoef1, bcoef2, ..., bcoef20 ~normal([0,0,...,0],[vcoef1,

0, vcoef2,.....

vcoef20]) subject=ID out=outre;"

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Not that I am aware of.  Are you truly trying to estimate 190 covariance parameters in a nonlinear model?  If so, I want to know what platform (OS, memory, etc.), so that I can talk our company into buying comparable equipment.

Steve Denham

vincetan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Steve,

Thank you. Unfortunately, we have to run a non linear model with more than 10 random effects. We have not tested this out on our computer yet but if it runs successfully, I will inform you.

Best,

Vincent

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation