BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lcbeck
Calcite | Level 5

I am SAS illiterate and trying to finish my thesis (our departmental statistician retired). Having trouble collecting all necessary data for a strip-split plot. I need to analyze all of the main factors and their interactions. Previously, I was getting a minimum significant difference. Can anyone tell me if I am fully analyzing the data?

Whole plot factor: treatment

Strip: mowing

Split: timing

Random: rep

Based on information I found online and previous codes, this is what I've come up with:

proc glm data = visual;

class rep timing trt mowing;

model visual = timing|trt|mowing;

by MAT;

random timing|trt|mowing|rep;

lsmeans timing|trt|mowing / pdiff adjust=BON cl lines;

run;

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Stop.  PROC GLM will not correctly calculate standard errors for split plot models.  Do whatever it takes to get a copy of Littell et al.'s SAS for Mixed Models, 2nd ed., and go to chapter 4 on split-plot models.  Also check out Chapter 16, which has case studies, especially 16.4 A Split-Plot Experiment with Correlated Whole Plots, 16.5 A Complex Split Plot: Whole Plot Conducted as an Incomplete Latin Square, and 16.6 A Complex Strip-Split-Split Plot Example.

Try rewriting your model using PROC MIXED.  If you have problems, please post your code and the problems you are having.  It would probably help to post any follow-up in the SAS Statistical Procedures forum, where the participants tend to be more focused on statistical issues.  Good luck.

Steve Denham

lcbeck
Calcite | Level 5

I was able to find a copy. Thank you for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation