BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TomHsiung
Quartz | Level 8

It seems that many statistic procedures cannot be completed by the menu buttons. Instead the syntax could do everything. So any good books for the syntax?

Tom

6 REPLIES 6
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Do you mean an introductory book on SAS statistics procedure syntax or a general introductory SAS syntax book?

TomHsiung
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, Dray

Thanks for your reply. I think I need some basic understanding of SAS programing and then more detail for multiple linear regression, logistic regression, and survival analysis.

Tom

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Ok. First of all, if I might suggest some other platform than a book, I think you may really benefit from the e-learning courses Programming 1 and Statistics 1 provided for free by SAS institute 🙂 Programming 1 will get you going on the basic SAS syntax and Statistics 1 will give you more detail for at least multiple linear regression and logistic regression. I think maybe also Survival analysis (been a while since I have used them)

WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Also look at SAS/STAT documentation, particularly the introductory chapters.  It is completely free.

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=titlepage.htm&docsetVersion=14.2&local...

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

And, in addition to the other comments, my students have recommended this web site, maintained by UCLA. They provide an overview of SAS here: http://stats.idre.ucla.edu/sas/modules/ and an overview of data analysis examples here: http://stats.idre.ucla.edu/other/dae/ that my students have recommended. The data analysis link contains a comparison of several different statistical languages: SAS, SPSS, R, and STATA. You might find it useful to read the example for doing analysis in the language you know and then reading about the same analysis when performed in a different software package.

Cynthia

TomHsiung
Quartz | Level 8

Much appreciated!

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation