BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sa1
Calcite | Level 5 sa1
Calcite | Level 5

1. How do you mine,share,retrieve and analyse data files on SAS??

2.what is proc sql data set and macros??

3. how d you analyse large data set and assist in documentation???

please can someone help me wih these questions?? thanks

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Complex questions, and complete answers cannot be given here.

I order to pint in the right direction: who are you (role) and why do you want to learn theses things?

1. You will use SAS. SAS is built in modules that can be combined. Which modules (products) to use is based on task that you need to perform. Some uses strictly GUI, other needs different level of programming.

2. Proc SQL is SAS implementation of the SQL language. A data set is like a table in a relation database with variables (columns), indexes, constraints etc.

3. There are several ways of analysing data, including traditional techniques as SQL, statistical procedures, or more modern visualizing tools such as Visual Analytics/Statistics. There is a very extensive documentation available on support.sas.com, but I think basic SAS skills is required to utilize those. So some training is recommended.

Data never sleeps
Jim_G
Pyrite | Level 9

Here are links to SAS documentation.   Also see tutorials on YOUTUBE

Documentation

SAS Knowledge Base and Reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dg86Vw5E2I&list=PLVBcK_IpFVi_nlx6za9Yht0eyb46hLLrP

They explain in detail you questions     Jim

cjohnson
Obsidian | Level 7

2.  Macros are functions written in SAS macro language that do not return a value.

3.  What do you mean, assist with documentation?  You can intentionaly write values to the log, and even save the log to a text file, which would document both your analysis and any additional comments that you want to make.

Christopher Johnson
www.codeitmagazine.com
yifengwan
Calcite | Level 5

For item 3, you can also use grouping analysis since you said you have a big data and it will take you some time to run the whole thing even though with the simple proc means.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation