BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
manishh
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS 9.3/Linux...can someone help me with the SAS procs which can be use to import pgp/aes encrypted external file (delimited file either CSV or text file) in SAS?

Or it can be achievable using infile pipe statement with SAS options to decrypt while reading the file?

Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Yes, it is possible to do this using an infile pipe, but there are certain caveats to this.  Using a tool, such as GPG-AGENT can be helpful in avoiding the items that sometimes require human interaction.

manishh
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for response, is it supported by SAS procs?

Using gpg-agent, first ext file should be decrypt on o/s level then can be import. Isn't it?

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Files encrypted in this manner are not directly supported by any procedure.

NAwasthi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Manish,

Have you received a possible way for doing this. I am also discovering that how to load a PGP encrypted csv file into sas.

Any pointer would be helpful.

Regards,

Nishant 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation