BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kevin1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Friends, 

This could be a dump question.   I have been using proc http in window environment and one of my clients are using SAS in Unix.   I am wondering if PROC HTTP is working in Unix environment.  I assume that it is, but I would like to make sure.    Is there anything that I need to do differently to make it work except changing the path of files?   

Thanks, 

Kevin.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FriedEgg
SAS Employee
PROC HTTP should work seamlessly, regardless of the OS. The file references used in options like OUT= would need to change, but the is not directly related to using PROC HTTP... If using HTTPS the configuration is slightly different, but your site admin should have taken care of this for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FriedEgg
SAS Employee
PROC HTTP should work seamlessly, regardless of the OS. The file references used in options like OUT= would need to change, but the is not directly related to using PROC HTTP... If using HTTPS the configuration is slightly different, but your site admin should have taken care of this for you.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In addition to the good info from @FriedEgg, I'll mention these possible differences:

• If you have a corporate firewall and proxy server for Internet traffic, you might need to use the PROXY* options on PROC HTTP.  On Windows, it might just use your local Windows settings and you don't need to set the proxy info -- but on Unix it could be different -- all depends on your network config.
  • As @FriedEgg said, SSL support on Unix requires some secure libraries that must be referenced in environment variables or SAS options (SSLCALISTLOC).
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation