BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MayankAhuja
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using bound statement in proc model to restrict the sign of a coefficient for e.g Coeff (b) > 0. In the output it shows, coeff of b as 1.0e-8 which i thought meant solution with this bound couldn't be found but also in that output i have coefficient of that bound which is positive. Could you please help me how we interpret this?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Since you bound the parameter to be greater than zero, the estimate is indeed greater than zero.  Unfortunately, its effect is essentially zero, and if you removed the bound, it may very likely be negative.  I would consider reparameterizing the model so that one of two things happens: you don't need a bounds statement, or the parameter b is not included.  Since I can imagine that the model is fairly complex, this may be much more difficult to do than to simply say "Parameter b has no effect."

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation