BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am new to SAS so I apologize in advance if this is elementary.

I run a server version of 9.2. I import data to use in the work folder, one of which shows the confidence intervals of a survival curve in an outsurv statement. My irritation is for this, and for a few other codes, I have a hard time going back to using the initial data set. It wipes it somehow so I have to reload the original file each time. How do I get SAS to release the new data set and start using the original one? I have tried changing the data statement but still tries to read (according to the log) the new data set.

Any help is appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Flip
Fluorite | Level 6
The work library is erased at the end of each session. Look up LIBNAME statement for assigning a permanent library.
deleted_user
Not applicable
The table is still there because I had not ended the session. I have tried using the libname statement but for some reason our servers don't like it so I use the work file (a pita but I work with what is available).
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
It's unclear - please help us understand your SAS "client/interactive session" configuration --- are you using some desktop connection method to directly access your SAS server machine? Or are you phyically sitting at a server-class computer system that has SAS installed?

If connected, then you will have a "permanent" drive/folder/directory location to create you own "content" -- this would be the location to direction your LIBNAME command.

Also, it would be helpful to describe more specific symptom information (as opposed to "..but for some reason our servers don't like it so..", such as warnings, errors and other information to enhance the feedback you receive from forum contributors.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Flip
Fluorite | Level 6
Without some code logs and system info we are just stabbing in the dark beyond this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation