BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
barbier
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible to put the output of a proc metalib in a SAS dataset?

I know you can generate a report but I need the results of the report in a SAS dataset...

I use SAS 9.2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Your question reminded me to finish off a blog post I'd had in draft for a while Smiley Happy

If you have a look at SAS PROC METALIB and ODS OUTPUT there's some sample code that used PROC METALIB in combination with ODS OUTPUT to capture the ODS output objects as SAS tables.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Since the default output for PROC METALIB is in html, you might be able to wrap ODS around the procedure to see what datasets are available.

ODS trace on;
PROC METALIB;

run;

ODS trace off;

Check the log for what tables might be available.  Since I don't have DI or the management console, I can't say whether this will work or not, but it seems like a place to start.

Steve Denham

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Your question reminded me to finish off a blog post I'd had in draft for a while Smiley Happy

If you have a look at SAS PROC METALIB and ODS OUTPUT there's some sample code that used PROC METALIB in combination with ODS OUTPUT to capture the ODS output objects as SAS tables.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation