BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ramirez
Calcite | Level 5
I moved some datasets from an UNIX host to XP, from SAS 9.2 to SAS 9.1.3 by simply moving the sas7bdat files. After completing the long task, I recognized this should be done using PROC COPY. However, the datasets seems to be operational, I can view and run procedures on them. The only bump is "Cross Environment Data Access will be used." log in each use. Should I do it over again?

Most importantly, are the datasets ok to use right now? I mean error-free etc.

If not, can I use PROC COPY on 9.1.3 to convert them to native format? Can I get rid of CEDA processing?

Thank you very much.
2 REPLIES 2
karthikeyan_S
Calcite | Level 5
The data may seem to be correct but at sometimes it could create extra charaters or spaces which when used in new enviroment may not work .
for eg. if type"E" then output;
Even if the coloumn has type E it will interpreted dirrerently at some cases.
so its better either trasfer with ASCII mode or use a proc copy.
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
CEDA (cross environment data access) is well documented on the sas website.
It provides a stable solution. When non-local, meta data settings about your dataset like sortedby and indexes are not going to be used. Until you need the support of these features or want to avoid the message about CEDA, there is no need to copy the data to the local format.

PeterC

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation