BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I need help on how to fit a model by GMM on a nonlinear numerical integral with parameters to be optimized. It seems SAS can only fit an equation at first glance. Any suggestion? any sample codes?
2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19
It might not fit exactly what you want, but...

PROC MODEL is capable of solving systems of differential equations by a variety of numerical integration techniques. Example 17.10 in the ERS documentation optimizes 5 base ODEs and 36 PDEs in the parameters.

How well it optimizes the parameters will boil down to how much data, how much noise, and how well the model is specified.

Good luck.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank for your advice. The problem at hand is actually on parameter estimation on Heston and Nandi model and Christoffersen model on garch option pricing. I can't find the ERS documentation... is it a typo and should be ETS? and I can't find example 17.10 ...

The documentation I have at hand is SAS/ETS 9.1 User Guide.

Can you post a relevant link? Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation