BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gds88
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have to estimate the following model:

Model specification.jpg

How can I estimate simultaneously the three coefficients (delta, beta1 and beta2)? In this way, I am able to obtain an unique coefficient for all three variables.

I try to find any functions in PROC MODEL, but I don't get it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gabriele

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

This may seem naive, but it looks like there are 5 parameters to estimate, with three independent variables and one dependent variable.  Additionally, it appears, based on the subscripting, that this is a time series (indexing on t).  If you can assume independence (not likely), then PROC NLIN will enable you to fit the equation.  Something like:

proc nlin data=a;

parms lambda= delta= beta_0= beta_1= beta_2=;/* Provide starting values for each of the parameters */;

exponent=beta_0 + beta_1*X1 + beta_2*X2;

s = lambda * delta * P ** exponent;

output out=b predicted=yp;

run;

See if this works.  It does require multiple observations, probably at least 40, to get a decent fit.  Notice also that no matter what you do, lambda and delta will be completely confounded--only their product can be fit, unless there is some other constraint on one or the other.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation