BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
santhosh
Fluorite | Level 6

I am writing text in

ods pdf text='

record of the SAS statements that you entered and of messages from SAS

about the execution of your program. It can appear as a file on disk, a display';

i am getting output in this way 

output line

record of the SAS statements that you entered and of messages from SAS

about the execution of your program. It can appear as a file on disk, a display

i am unable to justify the font ie align full

i am getting just=r /just=left / just=center

how can i align text full ie equally line as we normally justify in MS WORD

record  of the SAS  statements  that you  entered  and of  messages  from  SAS

about the execution of your program. It can appear as a file on disk, a display on

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

Did you try some style option like ~S={asis=on}  or ~n .

First can make you adjust it customizely,Second can insert a newline character at right palce.

Ksharp

santhosh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I am not getting justified full it is taking left

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'm not exactly sure what your question is. If you want to justify ODS PDF TEXT= text strings, they are left justified by default. The only justification (or text alignment) options available to you are L, R, C and D (for decimal), as described here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/61723/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002972093.htm

If you want "full" justification that requires font kerning, as described in this Wikipedia article:

"In typesetting, justification (can also be referred to as 'full justification') is the typographic alignment setting of text or images within a column or "measure" to align along both the left and right margin. Text set this way is said to be "justified".

In justified text, the spaces between words, and, to a lesser extent, between glyphs or letters (kerning), are stretched or sometimes compressed in order to make the text align with both the left and right margins. When using justification, it is customary to treat the last line of a paragraph separately by left or right aligning it, depending on the language direction. Lines in which the spaces have been stretched beyond their normal width are called loose lines, while those whose spaces have been compressed are called tight lines." from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justification_(typesetting)

Generally, "full" justification is a function of word processing applications and document creation applications. SAS and ODS are not word processing applications, so they do not perform the stretching or compressing of text strings to achieve full justification of both the left and right margins.

SAS is usually creating tabular output. ODS TEXT= is an "additive" amount of text, usually designed to provide a caption or text above or underneath the main table. As explained in this previous posting, you have some possibilities for placement of the output, but for captions or ancillary text, mostly L, R or C are adequate justification options: https://communities.sas.com/thread/34067

As far as I know, nothing will accomplish "full" justification the way I think you want. For example, the attached screenshot was done entirely in Microsoft Word using the justification buttons on the top toolbar. You can see that the lines break approximately the same place, but the justification settings are different. SAS and ODS can only do Left, Right and Center for ODS TEXT= strings.

cynthia

justification_word_processor_examples.jpg
santhosh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Can we justify column full aligned

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

As I said, as far as I know, you cannot accomplish "full" justification. If you read the documentation, your only choices are left, right, center, or decimal. However, if you want a definitive answer, you might wish to open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation