BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BchBnz
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I hope you are having a nice day.

I have been trying to run a 2-step GMM with SAS to estimate my dynamic panel data but it seems that I am doing something wrong.

I attached a picture of what my data looks like.

So basically I have intraday observations over a number days for different contracts. My time series are set by the "start" variable which goes 08:05- 08:10 - 08:15-... My cross-section is between different contracts. 

This is the procedure that I used but it is not working:

proc panel data=basvoldum_short_lond;

inst depvar;

model BASw = tod1-tod105 / gmm nolevels twostep;

id cnt start;

run;

Any suggestions?

Sorry for taking your time and thank you for your tremendous help.

Screenshot 2014-03-22 18.31.27.png
2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Hi,

So the first question is how is it "not working"?  Are there error messages in the log, are the results un-interprebable, or does the procedure just not run?

I would also recommend reposting this in the SAS Forecasting and Econometrics forum, as the folks that follow that group will see this sooner than here in the general procedures forum.

BchBnz
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your answer.

The SAS error reported says that the time series is not properly sorted, although I sorted the data before.

Thank you for the tip. I did not know there was a SAS Forecasting and Econometrics forum. I will post my question there.

Cheers!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation