BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lioradam
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all,

I imported an excel file and then built a process flow base on that excel file (add query builders, program, etc).

Now I would like to replace the original excel file with a new excel file that has the same variables, but different observations.

Can I connect the new excel file to the process flow (replace the former excel file with the new one), so I would not have to build the process flow all over again?

Thanks in advance,

Lior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You should be able to modify the filename in the Import node, but leave the target dataset name unchanged.

But there is the usual caveat when using Excel files: changes in data can cause changes in structure (variable type and attributes). For a consistent process, use a different file format (csv), the Copy Files task, and a manually written data step.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You should be able to modify the filename in the Import node, but leave the target dataset name unchanged.

But there is the usual caveat when using Excel files: changes in data can cause changes in structure (variable type and attributes). For a consistent process, use a different file format (csv), the Copy Files task, and a manually written data step.

lioradam
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your answer. Actually, I found another (less elegant) solution: I copy the new data into the original source data (copy from the new excel file to the original excel file) and the SAS automatically updates the data. but I will try your suggestion as well.

Thank you,

Lior

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation