BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thanoon
Calcite | Level 5

hi

i want to change my program from mvbinary to dichotomous is there anyone help me please??

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
thanoon
Calcite | Level 5

hi

i want to change my program from mvbinary to dichotomous is there anyone help me please??

thanks in advance

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Binary is dichotomous. There should be no need to change.

Steve Denham

thanoon
Calcite | Level 5

thanks alot mr. denham

binary data is unordered binary data but dichotomous data is ordered binary data so there is a difference between two types of data.

thanks alot

ballardw
Super User

You may want to provide an example of start data and what you want after the change. Your definitions may be industry specific.

Dichotomus to many of us means two-valued, often binary 0 or 1 but not always, is a subset but order isn't included.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Following on to , any dichotomous variable can be monotonically transformed to 0 and 1, with no loss of information, and no change in any of the momemts (location, scale, skewness, kurtosis, etc., etc.). It can then be reordered with no loss of information, so order has no bearing on the definition of a binary variable.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation