BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Coopmv
Calcite | Level 5

I downloaded SAS/IML Studio, statstudio__92120__wx6__xx__web__1.zip to my Windows 8.1 desktop, my home computer.  The extraction went fine but somehow I cannot successfully run the setup.  When I double-clicked setup, Windows 8.1 simply does not recognize the setup.exe and gives me the message "This application does not support your platform".

11 REPLIES 11
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The version of SAS/IML Studio you downloaded came with SAS 9.2.

If you look here: http://support.sas.com/supportos/list you will see that SAS 9.2 is not supported on Windows 8.1. You need to download a SAS 9.3/9.4 version that is supported by Windows 8.1.

Coopmv
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply.  I did not even read that support list and assumed that if I run the latest version of Windows, SAS 9.2 should work and it turned out I cannot even install the application.  Does SAS provide a free version of SAS 9.3/9.4 for download by any chance?  I had working knowledge of SAS when it ran on IBM mainframes from years ago but am interested to get re-familiarized with the Windows based SAS.  

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

But be aware that not all versions of SAS/IML Studio run with old versions of SAS.  What version of SAS are you running?

Coopmv
Calcite | Level 5

I do not have any SAS installed on my home computer.  I am hoping to find a free version, albeit with more limited functionality so I can re-acquaint myself with this application at my own pace.

Coopmv
Calcite | Level 5

This SAS University Edition should have no problems to be functional on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 based on what I see under System Requirements on the page you sent, is that right?  Somehow I had the impression that SAS 9.2 should work on my Windows 8.1 as well when I saw the reference to 64-bit.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There is no free download of SAS 9.2.

Coopmv
Calcite | Level 5

I downloaded from the following link early this afternoon but could not run the setup ...

SAS Institute Inc. Software Downloads

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You do not want SAS/IML Studio. You want the University Edition.  Download from the link I sent and forget about SAS/IML Studio.

Coopmv
Calcite | Level 5

I downloaded the University Edition but also downloaded the Oracle Virtual Machine per instruction from the website you sent,  Unfortunately, it is not clear sailing yet, as the virtual machine I installed on my Windows 8.1 computer cannot open a session after I imported the University Session since VT-x is currently disabled in the BIOS of my computer.  So I am getting close, but not quite there yet.  Does the University Edition have the look and feel of the SAS/IML Studio?  Hopefully, a friend who is an expert on BIOS and VM can show me how to fix my remaining problem.

Reeza
Super User

https://communities.sas.com/docs/DOC-6745

This is a known issue. See link above for instructions on how to resolve it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation