BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mendezla
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS is actively monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and will continue to follow the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). At this time, SAS Global Forum is moving forward as planned. Attendees should monitor the situation reports from the World Health Organization and the latest travel advisories from International SOS. In addition to adhering to government and airline travel policies and recommendations, SAS is in direct conversation with attendees and exhibitors from affected regions to accommodate their cancellations and refunds.

Stay up-to-date by visiting https://www.sas.com/en_us/events/sas-global-forum/faq.html

22 REPLIES 22
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for the update @mendezla and sharing the FAQs. A good collection of Q&As to help us be prepared.

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
mendezla
Fluorite | Level 6

You're welcome, and I'll post any new information as I get it.

LauraJean
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for taking considerations and extra precautions to keep this a "safe" conference for attendees!

mendezla
Fluorite | Level 6

We are buying a ton of hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. Not only for the Corona Virus, but also any viruses, including the pesky flu.  Safety of attendees is the most important thing.

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you @mendezla for this information. I'm sad to say that I've had to cancel my attendance at the conference due to non-essential business travel restrictions recently put in place by our executive team. It's a prudent decision for such a large company. I'm disappointed, as I always get great value out of the conference, but I look forward to reading the papers after the conference and to joining everyone at the 2021 conference. Wishing you all good health and a successful conference!

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article240751981.html

~Tamara
littleleaf2
Fluorite | Level 6
So Sad, same is here due to Company's updated travel policy.
mendezla
Fluorite | Level 6
Bummer. But be sure to keep checking the website for proceedings and live stream!
TBarker
Quartz | Level 8
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully we'll both be back next year!
~Tamara
mendezla
Fluorite | Level 6
I'm sorry to hear it, but we will ensure we post the proceedings and any videos we can. Our mission is to ensure we support SAS users, even if you cannot attend due to these types of circumstances.
Marje
Obsidian | Level 7
Lisa - your communications have been fantastic. Thank you

And so correct about the outreach of the conference being beyond just those there in person. So many opportunities to learn from livestream and videos and proceedings and postings.
mkeintz
PROC Star

Perhaps, at the registration desk, there might be a poster showing the elbow-bump greeting.  My wife used to go to public health association meetings, where this was sometimes put into practice.

So far, I'll be there.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
bjg
Fluorite | Level 6 bjg
Fluorite | Level 6
All non essential travel is also being cancelled here, so it doesn't look like we'll make it this year 😞