BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I just came across this blog post, The Programmer's Guide for Networking at a Conference.  If you're reading this, you're already following the first piece of advice: Start networking before the conference starts.

The blog post is worth your time to read.  I'll summarize the main headings here.

• Start networking before the conference starts (hurray! You're doing it!)
  • Become a social butterfly (don't eat lunch by yourself!)
  • Go up to speakers after talks. (I enjoy it when people visit me after present.)
  • Become a speaker
  • Become a volunteer (SAS Global Forum runs on volunteers!)
  • Have your elevator pitch down ("So, what do you do?")
  • Seek to help people and be interested
  • Sit in the front and pay attention
  • Follow up (easy to do with e-mail, communities, and even the conference app).

Chris

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
2 REPLIES 2
GregG
Quartz | Level 8

This is the part of my App Game I still haven't even started. I've finished everything else when I got access to it. Haven't touched the "Social Butterfly" section.

ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
The very easiest way to network is to volunteer. Consider volunteering in the room you were going to be in anyway.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation