BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ptimusk
Obsidian | Level 7

I found volunteering as a room coordinator gave me an inside view of the presenters and I was able to meet many long time SAS users. I recommend volunteering to help you break the ice.

2 REPLIES 2
jmhorstman
Obsidian | Level 7

I'll second this comment.  I started getting a lot more out of the user group experience when I became more involved in volunteering and presenting.  It has really enhanced the networking benefits of SAS Global Forum as well as regional and local user group meetings.  I've made more and better connections as a result of getting involved more deeply.

nbrucken
Obsidian | Level 7

There are still a few openings for room coordinators.  Please consider helping out, especially if you already plan to spend a good chunk of a half-day session in a single room or in a Hands-On Workshop.  You'll earn the undying gratitude of the Volunteer and Lead Room Coordinators, and get to see some interesting presentations that you would have been in anyway!  No prior experience is necessary- we'll provide on-the-job training.

Thanks,  Nancy

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation