BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MayankAhuja
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a query regarding Proc UCM.

I am trying to fit a model in UCM with no independent variables and just have level component ( no variance control). Dependent variable ( sales qty) has very low values and vary between value of 0 to 40 with lot of variation.

S_level from this model is a line which is like an average and cuts across the middle of the dependent series. I was expecting that s_level without any variance control would actually fit the model well but that's is not the case.

Can you please help me in understanding what might be happening here and what option I could try such that s_level fits that model well?

Apologies if my query is unclear or some additional information is needed.

Thanks,

Mayank

1 REPLY 1
ets_kps
SAS Employee

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for the question.  Would you mind sharing some code for what you are doing?  Perhaps a graph of the series or some background on the type of units?

There are a number of simple examples at SAS/ETS(R) 12.1 User's Guide

which could help to get you started.

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation