BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I am using SAS Forecast Studio on Forecast Server. I have several questions about your data source location.

1) For step 2, usually where is your library to select the data set to be forecasted? (Please see attachments)

2) How did you define the library?

3) If you have a new data set that want to be saved to the library (or you want to change one already existing data set), can you do it by yourself, or you have to notify the SAS admin?

Thank you so much!

Jade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitrov
SAS Employee

If the admin grants permissions to the users to that library he should not have to do anything else. 

Each company has different policies though and I can't comment on your specific case. Please contact tech support to discuss more in details your specific configuration. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mitrov
SAS Employee

Please see the chapter on defining pre-assigned libraries in the Administrator's guide:

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=fsag&docsetTarget=p0o8ejnmxomcvwn1n74mouqw3vai.htm&docsetV...

Defining a pre-assigned library is typically a job that an administrator would do. 

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

Talked with the Admin, but he said if he use the "pre assign" library, then he has to do tedious jobs with that library, such as if the users have a new data set that want to be saved to the library or you want to rename one of the columns names in the existing data set, then the admin has to do some manually work from his side.

I don't quite understand why the admin has to do manually work when you want to save files to the pre-assigned library.  I want to double check what the other people doing with the data source location of SAS forecast studio and whether what my admin said is the situation that every admin has to face. Please shed light on this issue. Thank you!

Jade

mitrov
SAS Employee

If the admin grants permissions to the users to that library he should not have to do anything else. 

Each company has different policies though and I can't comment on your specific case. Please contact tech support to discuss more in details your specific configuration. 

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you! I will have the admin create one and do a testing to see whether he need to do extra stuff. If so, I will let him contact with the support.

Jade

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation