BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello!

I was wondering whether we can export the effects of events (parameters) and also the coefficients of exogenous variables e.g. price, promotion to a data set like we export the forecasted values.

Also can we insert a custom event like we did in Forecast Server except the ones that are prebuilt.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitrov
SAS Employee

Hi Andreas,

Yes, you can for pluggable modeling nodes that use TSMODEL as the forecasting engine! There is some code to add to the node. This blog by Iman has the details. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mitrov
SAS Employee

Hi Andreas,

Yes, you can for pluggable modeling nodes that use TSMODEL as the forecasting engine! There is some code to add to the node. This blog by Iman has the details. 

joekatz
SAS Employee

Hi Andreas,

You can import custom events into a Visual Forecasting project. If you already have an custom event file created for Forecast Server, you can import it into Visual Forecasting. Once imported into Visual Forecasting, you can specify the default usage in the project for each of the custom events as well as change the event usage within each modeling strategy.

Regards,

Joe

andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello Joe!

Thnaks for your answer!

Ok i understand but can you create using GUI facilities a custom event like in SAS FS? This will be an excellent tool for business users.

Best reagrds,

Andreas

joekatz
SAS Employee

Hi Andreas,

At this time, you cannot create events from within the Visual Forecasting UI. That capability will be added in the future.

Regards,

Joe

andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Joe!

I am waiting for this facility to have a great tool like with SAS FS!

BR,

Andreas

andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you very much for your answer!

I am waiting impatiently the GUI for exprting the model's parameter estimates. This will make SAS VF an excellent tool for Business Users!

Best regards,

Andreas

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation