BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

As i work on a project in SAS Forecast Studio for desktop (project that i created) , i close SAS FS and try to reopen sometimes the project is deemed and it says locked (by me) have no idea how that happened, and also have no idea how to unlock it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9
also try this location
c:\Users\<username>\ForecastStudioDesktop\locks.dat

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9

If you are using the Forecast Server Desktop version, you can simply go to the porject directory (e.g. C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project4) and delete the .lock file. If you are using the client/server version, it's going to be a bit more difficult. Please refer to the following tech support note for more info

http://support.sas.com/kb/54/142.html

mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

I am using forecast studio for desktop (NOT the server) but i cant find this file in the directory. What kind of file is it? Do you know why this happens?

alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9

the file name is .lock it is considered to be a hidden file in Windows (i think) because the file name starts with a dot. In Windows Explorer, click on Tools and select Folder Options. Click on the View tab and select Show hidden files, folders, and drives. You can then see all the hidden files in the Windows Explorer. Give it a try.

Alex

mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

nope didnt work 😞 any other thoughts maybe? trying to finish a presentation with some grphs from there and this happens ofcourse and i cant open the project.

alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9

Maybe the filename is called locks.dat. Try to search "lock" in the Explorer and see if anything shows up.

alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9
also try this location
mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

Yes that's the location!! thanks

TestingSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

can u please share the excat location?

alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9
which version of forecast studio are you running?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation