BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rhupesh
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Could someone help me clarify below query? 

I have step responses in history and so, when ever I find a step response I want to use a different ALPHA value. But change in alpha value has no impact in predicted values. Below is the syntax i used.

forecast <var>/model=addwinters  ALPHA=0.25;

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rainxi
SAS Employee

Hello,

ALPHA defines the significance level to use in computing the confidence limits of the forecast. For example, ALPHA =0.05 produces 95% confidence intervals. The change of the value of ALPHA will NOT change the predicted value. 

F.Y.I.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63939/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_esm_sect007.ht...

Thanks,

Rain

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rainxi
SAS Employee

Hello,

ALPHA defines the significance level to use in computing the confidence limits of the forecast. For example, ALPHA =0.05 produces 95% confidence intervals. The change of the value of ALPHA will NOT change the predicted value. 

F.Y.I.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63939/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_esm_sect007.ht...

Thanks,

Rain

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation