BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cd-mj1124
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to mask the observations in my regression data set, but would like the coefficients/standard errors to remain constant between regressions run on the masked and unmasked data.  Is this possible?  How would I go about doing this?  I think I would have to do something with the correlations between the variables, but not sure where to go after.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
What do you mean by mask the observations?
cd-mj1124
Calcite | Level 5

I have data that is confidential.  I would like to visually change the values so that I could publish the data set, but also preserve the regression coefficients/standard errors and underlying correlation structure of the original, confidential data.

Reeza
Super User
That's not a trivial problem - in fact its incredibly difficult. (I would love to be proven wrong on this topic)

Here's Statistics Canada methodology.
https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/ref/pumf-fmgd/P3-eng.cfm
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

I think you could reach some level of anonymity by removing axis scales on graphs and by removing intercepts in regression equations.

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation